Sunday, June 13, 2010

Akimbo and the Elephants reviewed by Lij

I have been MIA lately and I'm sorry about that. With school ending and summer starting we are struggling to get into a schedule. Its rough with 4 kids 7 and under. So, my reading has declined.

In an effort to get my kids to read more I have started going to the library once a week. My 7 yr old loves to read, and reads very quickly. Right now, though he seems to be stuck in a rut. He only wants to read the Magic Treehouse books, which are great books, but he's read them all. So, I made him pick out another book. I admit I chose this book for him because Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favorite authors and I was pleased to see he writes Children's Books as well.

This post is brought to you by a guest poster. My son, we'll call him Lij. The following is in his words.

Akimbo and the Elephants is where Akimbo always wanted to go with his Dad to work. His Dad is a hunter who kills elephants for their tusks. Then, finally he gets to go to work with his Dad. Then he asks his Dad why he kills elephants. To find out read this book!

I like it not that much but I still like it. I liked learning about Africa. Other kids should read this book.

Lij

No comments:

Post a Comment